“For it is you who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness.”
To bring hope to the hopeless and healing to those who are hurting
by helping individuals realize their God-given, divine potential.
The desire of our dedicated professionals is to develop authentic relationships with our clients and utilize evidence-based practices to bring about changes that heal through our professional, confidential, and distinctively Christ-centered approach.
If you have spiritual, interpersonal, relational or family needs, please allow us the privilege of talking with you, praying with you, and seeking God’s help and guidance for the needs in your life. At Light Counseling, we aim help you or someone you love find workable solutions to the pressing issues of life, and find healing and a sense of wholeness through Christ. Whether you are coming to work through wounds of the past or to deal with the current stressors in your life, our desire is to help you work through these issues in a healthy and Godly way. All providers are state licensed professionals, who are committed to offering confidential, clinically excellent, and biblically-based care and counseling.
“This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin”. I John 1: 5-7 (ESV)
The desire of Light Counseling is to provide professional, confidential, and distinctively Christ-centered counseling to our community. That is what sets us apart as we address the spiritual, interpersonal, relational, family, and other needs of our clients. It is our privilege to talk with you, pray with you, and seek God’s help and guidance for the needs in your life.
Statement of Faith
Light Counseling is a clinically excellent and distinctly Christing counseling practice. While we will serve all clients with love, compassion, and without judgment, we believe it is important to share our Statement of Faith with those who are considering us for their counseling journey or employment. Our organization believes that:
- There exists only one God, creator, and sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally co-existing in three personsâ Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired, inerrant and trustworthy Word of God, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of human beings, and the final authority for all matters about which it speaks.
- Human nature derives from two historical personas, male and female, created in God’s image. They were created perfect, but they sinned, plunging themselves and all human beings into sin, guilt, suffering, and death.
- The substitutionary death of Jesus Christ and his bodily resurrection provide the only ground for justification, forgiveness, and salvation for all who believe. Only those who trust in Him alone are born of the Holy Spirit and are true members of the Church; only they will spend eternity with Christ.
- The Holy Spirit is the agent of regeneration and renewal for believers in Jesus Christ. He makes the presence of Jesus Christ real in believers, and He comforts, guides, convicts, and enables believers to live in ways that honor Christ.
- Ministry to persons acknowledges the complexity of humans as physical, social, psychological, and spiritual beings. The ultimate goal of Christian counseling is to help others move to personal wholeness, interpersonal competence, mental stability, and spiritual maturity.
Dr. Tim and Julie Clinton
Light Counseling was co-founded in 1991 by Dr. Tim Clinton, LPC, LMFT. Dr. Clinton is also the President of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), the largest and most diverse Christian counseling association in the world.
Dr. Clinton also serves as the Executive Director of the James Dobson Family Institute and recurring co-host of “Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk”, heard on nearly 1,300 radio outlets daily. Licensed as a Professional Counselor and as a Marriage and Family Therapist, Dr. Clinton is recognized as a world leader in mental health and relationship issues and spends much of his time working with Christian leaders and professional athletes. He has authored or edited nearly 30 books, including The Struggle is Real: How to Care for Mental and Relational Health Needs in the Church.
Dr. Clinton is founder of Light University—a global leader in certificate, diploma, and mental health continuing education. He served at Liberty University for over 30 years in numerous academic and leadership roles, including Professor of Counseling and Executive Director of the James C. Dobson Center for Child Development, Marriage and Family Studies. He is founder of the biennial AACC World Conference (which has consistently hosted nearly 7,000 leaders representing all 50 states and nearly 40 countries) at the magnificent Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
He has been married 39 years to his wife, Julie, and together they have two children, Megan and Zach. In his free time, you’ll find him outdoors or at a game with his family and friends.
“No one I know better combines a visionary spirit that creates incredible ministry opportunities with a hunger for God that longs to experience His reality. Add a powerful speaking gift to the mix, and you have a much used servant of Christ and kingdom ambassador, Tim Clinton.”
“Tim Clinton has changed the face of Christian counseling in America. No one has done more to advance the course of hurting people getting the best help possible.”
“Tim Clinton has done an incredible job of networking, educating, and encouraging Bible counselors throughout the world. As the president of the AACC he is the visionary for its many different resources. He is a gifted organizer and is committed to promoting Biblical principles for helping hurting people. Tim has a genuine love for Christ which spills over into his passion of helping those who serve hurting people.”
“Tim Clinton is gracious and talented. He is committed to the spiritual and emotional well-being of people everywhere. He has distinguished himself as one of our nation’s most effective Christian leaders. He has a unique knack of bringing the right people together at the right time. I value his friendship, and marvel at his ability to get things done.”